Monday 20 August 2012

How do you remove icing sugar dust from an iPad?

Last Christmas my mom was given a copy of the Primrose Bakery recipe book. I guiltily copied out a few, well OK a lot, of my favourite treats to attempt at home. (The marshmallow icing is lush, if a little bit of a faff).

This weekend however, my guilt was eased when I discovered the Primrose Bakery app. It's got a good variety of recipes including some of the ones I took a shine to from the book.

 
The first recipe I tried was the bourbon biscuits for our kiddie play date and mummies meeting today.

The steps were very easy to follow and when the screen timed out and went into standby, the orientation changed to landscape and offered a page for each step of the recipe including the measurements and ingredients needed for that step. This was a good format to follow and made it very simple to carry out each step. However I couldn't work out how to get from that screen back to the main menu without fully closing down the app. A bit too long winded when you're covered in icing sugar and cocoa and have sticky chocolate fingers from rolling the dough.

The recipe itself was simple but I'd question the quantities for the water and cocoa mixture for the filling. Mine seemed far too dry.

The verdict from the mummies was that they were yummy! They're perfect with a cup of afternoon tea as they're ridiculously rich and you do need something to wash them down with.

All in all, a successful bake, even if I do have icing sugar in my iPad now!

No comments:

Post a Comment