Saturday 18 August 2012

Up the gooners - Arsenal cupcakes

With the impending start of the football season combining nicely with my friend's boyfriend's birthday, these Arsenal football cupcakes were a delight to make.


There were three main designs, a shirt which I tried to match as closely as I could to the new season strip, a scarf on grass and a happy birthday rosette. I also planned to do some guns from the Arsenal logo but after I'd done one, I decided to go for a simpler design! I enjoyed trying out my new gold paint though. 




The striped scarves took a few attempts as I tried to line up red and white sausage shapes and roll them out but they fell apart do in the end I looked it up and instead rolled out some white then some red. I cut strips of the red and placed them on top of the white before rolling it a bit more. The red then embedded itself into the white and it worked much better.



 Hope it's a lovely birthday weekend for James.


No comments:

Post a Comment