Friday 16 October 2015


I am feeling pretty smug about these beautiful die cut, hand assembled, wedding invitations with gorgeous purple bows. 




Making these wedding invitations took an age!! The gold outer for each invite took around 15 minutes to cut on my Cricut Explorere machine, and then the purple inlay and invitation details also needed cutting, assembling and purple gemstones added. Finally each one had a ribbon secured which was then hand tied. Although it took days to pull together I think it was all worth it when you see them all finished and piled high. 


The evening invites had the same papercut pattern but just one square adhered to a purple backing and the invite details secured via little paper cuts in each corner. 


 One of the nicest things about making 60 of these beauties - and another 40 evening invites - was that my husband helped! The invites are for the MD at his company and he offered to make these as our wedding gift to him. We spent several nights in the craft room together, designing the cards, then me feeding the cricut and him weeding out the papercuts and sticking on the gems (I think I got the best deal!)


To tie the bows, we followed this video by Lia Griffith and I think it's pretty much revolutionised bow tying for the rest of my days! I even made a bow frame for our bedroom using the same technique: https://instagram.com/p/8bVQ6jNpcE/?taken-by=mummypuddleduck 


 The gold and purple card stock is Peregrina Majestic Gold and Nightclub Purple from G.F.Smith which is stunningly beautiful and very glamorous. Luckily there were enough leftovers for me to make these Christmas bauble papercut garlands! 
https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/shops/mummypuddleduck/tools/mummypuddleduck/uk/listings/251619657 


Let me know what you think of these wedding invitations by contacting me on any of the social channels listed on the left or by commenting below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment