Friday 25 May 2012

Giant cupcake part II

I am going to attempt my second giant cupcake. It's not my favourite shape cake but it was requested so I'll give it another go.

This time I am going to bake the top and bottom separately as the top was far too dry last time and the bottom undercooked. Despite following the instructions that said to bake the bottom for half an hour before adding in the top mixture, they did not bake evenly. Mom suggested baking in two separate batches instead which I hadn't thought of so hopefully that will result in a much nicer tasting cake.

I haven't decided yet whether to make a chocolate 'case case' for the bottom of the cake or use rolled out fondant icing. I've seen a few methods for doing this, including the inspirational Victorious Cupcakes who is on Facebook and also at http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/Victoria-Threader.

I just don't want it to look amateur and the heat is incredible so I am not holding out much hope that the icing is going to handle all that well.

Results will be posted tomorrow when the cake is iced and finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment