Sunday 8 July 2012

Camouflage cupcakes

For the army themed party I created camouflage cakes where both the sponge and the topping were created in a camouflage design.


The sponge itself was created by splitting a four egg sponge cake mixture into thirds. One third I left plain, the second batch I added two tablespoons of cocoa and the last batch I added some green food colouring.

I then added a scoop of each colour into a cupcake case and baked as normal. This created a nice surprise when people ate the cakes. I've turned the cake upside down to take a picture of it so you can see the three different colours easily. 

They were then topped with camouflage icing made using a mixture of black, brown and green icing rolled out and cut into circles for the top of the cakes. They can be seen below on the bottom row. I topped them with red '18's.




The tent on the cake was made from the same camouflage mixture and topped with the camouflage icing. Here it is 'naked' below along with a couple of the cupcakes.





Related post: Army cake
Related post: Soldier cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment